Yes, bikes are allowed as checked luggage. Here's what you need to know:
- Bicycles must be collapsed down (both wheels removed from the frame) with handlebars turned sideways and the chain covered. Bicycles presented in this fashion will be accepted for travel and counted as one of your two Checked Luggage entitlements.
- If your bicycle is not collapsed down then it will be regarded as Oversize Luggage.
- If you are bringing a bicycle that is not collapsed down, please contact us in advance of travel so we can inform the driver. This may make it easier for him/her to leave space for your bike, although we cannot guarantee carriage on any specific travel date or service.
- There are some services that can't carry bikes for space reasons. Please check the Oversize Luggage page for a full list.
- In the interest of other travellers’ luggage and driver safety, all bicycles must have the pedals removed and the chain covered.
- The charge for bicycles that are not collapsed down is $10.00 per bike, per individual bus connection. This is payable to the driver.